Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 2015 Wrap-Up

Hey all! So this month, I read a total of...four books. This month was just INSANE for tests and assignments for me, coupled with a horrible, painful reading slump, so not much reading was done.


I read:
  • ★★★.5☆☆ The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  • ★★★☆☆ Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  • ★★★★☆ Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores by Jen Campbell
  • ★★★★☆ Through the Woods by Emily Carroll


The first book I read was The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. It wasn't on my original TBR for the month, but I found it on my shelf and saw the illustrations in it, and I decided to give it a go. I throughoutly enjoyed the beginning of the book, but at one point I had to force myself to get through it since I found some parts were a little repetitive. After a little while though, I was back to really enjoying it and I managed to finish it in one last sitting. I enjoyed the story, but I really liked the characters, and the illustrations were absolutely amazing. I  wish there were more illustrations in the book!

The second book I read was Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I read it for my school book club, and I can see why a lot of people enjoy the book, but I honestly was not a massive fan of it. I personally found the characters to have no development throughout the book, and I found the story very slow, even though it is a very short book. I'm glad to be able to say that I've read it, but I will probably never be reading it again.

The third book I read was Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores. I'd heard of it before, and I found it in my local library to I decided to give it a go. I sat down and read the whole book in about twenty-five minutes, and I enjoyed it. I laughed out loud quite a few times, and I had the same reaction that the booksellers were having in the book. I enjoyed the short, quick read and I recommend it to anyone who works in retail or customer service, whether you like books or not.

I also read Through the Woods the same night I read Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores, and I really enjoyed it. I've never been a massive fan of graphic novels, but the few that I've read this year I really enjoyed. This book was creepy and dark, and a perfect Halloween read. The illustrations were amazing and they told the story perfectly. The book is composed of five short stories, and I really enjoyed all of them. They were easy reads, and the illustrations really helped to tell the stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment