Saturday, May 14, 2016

A to Z Bookish Survey

This tag was created by Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner. I've done a few tags now, and I'm really starting to love doing them! This one is called the A to Z Bookish Survey tag.




Author you’ve read the most books from:
Cassandra Clare! I think I've read almost every single book she has published, multiple times. I'm a die hard Cassey Clare fan, and I always have been.
Best Sequel Ever:
I'm only going to count the sequels in a duology, because I have too many favourite sequels. Either Eona by Alison Goodman or The Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake, they were both absolutely amazing and I loved every second of both of them.
Currently Reading:
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Drink of Choice While Reading:
Either water or  lemonade, or hot chocolate if I want something hot.
E-reader or Physical Book?
Physical book, always. I've never owned an e-reader or anything like that, I just love the feel of the pages in my hands too much.
Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Gansey from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. No doubt there at all.
Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. It had been sitting on my shelf for the longest time, and the trilogy is my all time favourite trilogy ever. (Beside The Infernal Devices, of course).
Hidden Gem Book:
We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates. I had to read this last month for an essay for class, and it was an amazing book!
Important Moment in your Reading Life:
When I started by bookstagram and my book blog last year, they really changed who I was as a reader and who I was as a person. Making them made me even more enthusiastic about reading and writing, and they helped me to meet so many more people than I could have without them.
Just Finished:
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (and I loved it!)
Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Anything with a lot of romance or a very adulty-type romance. I like lighthearted, YA much better than steamy.
Longest Book You’ve Read:
Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, at 947 pages.
Major book hangover because of:
Looking for Alaska by John Green. It was such an amazing book the first time I read it, that all I wanted to do was re-read it.
Number of Bookcases You Own:
5, with boxes in my closet, as well as stacks everywhere throughout my room.
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, it's a book that can always get me out of a bad slump.
Preferred Place To Read:
My bean bag chair, my dad's armchair, the couch, or my bed. Pretty much anywhere I can, but I prefer the comfiest places.
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
"Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now." -Christopher Paolini, Eldest. This series was one of the series that really got me into reading and into writing, and it always helps me to try and believe in myself when I need to.
Reading Regret:
Not getting into more classics when I was younger. I've been collecting them for so long, and I've barely read any of them.
Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
I still need to read The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater to finish the series. Also, I just have to read the final book in the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi.
Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
I'm keeping Harry Potter out of this, because obviously it's one of my all time favourite books, ever.
1. TID and TMI by Cassandra Clare (I just can't pick, I love them all too much!)
2. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
3. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Cassandra Clare anything. Movies, books, fandom stuff. If Cassandra Clare writes 3000 books in the Shadowhunter world, I will read all of them. Multiple times.
Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Ever since I finished the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy I've needed MORE from her. I'll read anything she writes. I'll read her grocery lists.
Worst Bookish Habit:
Buying more and more and more and...more books before I have even put a dent in my TBR pile.
X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Just One Day by Gayle Forman.
Your latest book purchase:
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black and Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch.
ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. I read that book super late into the night, and I regret nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment