Monday, May 9, 2016

May 2016 TBR

I was so insanely happy with the amount of books that I read last month, and I really want to keep the pace up this month and really start to cut down on my massive TBR pile. I also have insanely awful luck and sprained my ankle a few days ago, so I'll be lying down and hopefully reading a lot this month!


This month I plan on reading:

     1.   Burial Rites by Hannah Kent

I bought this book last month because I saw it on the list of books that were recommended for us to read for our essays for my English class. It kept calling me so I figured I would pick it up! I already read it, but I will discuss my thoughts on it in wrap up at the end of the month.
     2.   The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer


I also picked up this book last month, and I've been meaning to read it for awhile. It looked like a relatively fast read, so I thought I would give it a go this month and see how it is.


     3.   The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black


I've wanted to read this book for awhile, and I am really in the mood for a fantasy type book without the long series. This is a standalone fantasy book (which you NEVER see) so I'm definitely going to read this one this month!
     4.   The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater

I never got to buy this book last month, and it is definitely happening this month. It's one of my most anticipated reads of 2016 so I need to get to a bookstore and read it ASAP!
     5.   The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson


My book club was planning on reading this book last year for one of our reads, but we ended up not reading it and reading another book instead. I've been meaning to read it ever since, and since I saw it for super cheap last month I bought it, and I really want to get to it this month!
     6.   The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

One of my goals for this year was to read at least one classic a month in order to slowly cut down on my classic TBR pile, and since I need to read this one for English class this month, I figured I would count this one as my classic for the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment