Monday, August 10, 2015

About

Hello!
My name is Michaela, but I go by Mickey. I'm a 23 year old book-lover from Canada. I enjoy reading, writing, photography, watching movies, cottaging, and anything sporty or outdoorsy.
I have currently just graduated university with a degree in Earth and Environmental Sciences. Always feel free to reach out to me, I love hearing from people who share my interests and who love reading as much as I do!


Bookish facts about me:
  • I am a massive lover of books, and I always have been. Ever since I was little, I have always had an obsession with reading, and with collecting books (not to mention a *slight* obsession with bookshelf organization). Reading is such a massive, important part of my life, and I just can't imagine my life without my love of books.
  • I currently own over 1000 physical books, and am always collecting more because you can never have too many books!
  • I am one of the few people who just can't fall in love with an electronic book, either Kobo, or on my laptop or phone. I just love the feel of a new, physical book in my hands too much.
  • I read basically every genre known to man, but my favourites are high fantasy, historical fiction, contemporary/realistic fiction, science fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and graphic novels.
  • Some of my favourite authors are Laini Taylor, Cassandra Clare, John Green, Stephanie Perkins, Rainbow Rowell, J.K. Rowling, Agatha Christie, Diana Gabaldon, Maggie Stiefvater, Kendare Blake, and V.E. Schwab.


About my blog:
I created this blog on August 10, 2015, because I wanted to be able to reach more people who share my love and admiration for books and reading. I have written reviews of many books that I posted on my Goodreads account, but I found that I wasn't reaching as many people as I wanted to, so I decided to start a bookstagram and a book blog in order to share my reviews and my favourite books with other book lovers.
All of my book and graphic novel reviews are spoiler free, and any book to movie adaptations I review contain spoilers, so readers beware!

I post at least two reviews each month, and I also post other bookish-related things, and am always on the lookout for new ideas.
You can also find me in these places!
Instagram @mickeyreads247
Goodreads @MickeyReads
Email mickeyreads247@gmail.com


Happy reading book lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment