Saturday, June 25, 2016

Mid-Year Book Update

I saw this tag on https://btbpd.wordpress.com/category/booktube-tags/ so I figured I'd give it a go! They got the idea from https://nutfreenerd.com/2014/08/08/mid-year-book-freakout/
1.  What's the best book you've read so far in 2016?
          It was a reread, but my favourite book was definitely The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I absolutely LOVE her books, and I have read The Raven Boys multiple times and love it more every time I read it. I have a full review of it here.
2.  The best sequel you've read so far in 2016?
          I have only read two sequels this year, and since one of them was in The Raven Cycle (and I've already gushed about it) I have to say it would be Prodigy by Marie Lu. I loved the entire trilogy, and I fell in love with the characters so much throughout the trilogy I was sad it was over so fast. I'm definitely going to be rereading this trilogy soon.
3.  What's a new release you haven't read yet but want to?
          Ruined by Amy Tintera. It just came out this past May, and I`m so excited to get my hands on it and read it. I love her Reboot duology, and I`ve been waiting for her to write another book ever since.
4.  What new release for the second half of the year are you most anticipating?
          Tales from The Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare. The physical copy is coming out in November, and I have been waiting for it for so long, and I'm forced to wait a bit longer. I'll be buying it as soon as it comes out and reading it the day I get my hands on it.
5.  Your biggest book disappointment so far?
          Nothing by Janne Teller. I was so excited to read it because I thought it was such a good idea, but I ultimately ended up not being a massive fan of it. I found some parts to be shocking and a bit disgusting as well. I have a full review of it here.
6.  Your biggest surprise?
          We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates. I had to read it for school in order to write a report on it, and I was amazed at how good it was. It's definitely a new favourite and I'm going to be rereading it and reading many other books by her as well. I have a full review of this book here.
7.  Favourite new author (debut or just new to you)?
          Marie Lu. I read her Legend trilogy earlier in the year, and I`m addicted to her writing now. I can't wait to read her Young Elites series!
8.  A book that made you cry this year?
          Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler. I found so many parts of it so insanely sad, but I also loved it so much. I think it would be a great book to read during a break up, to try and get through certain things.
9.  Favourite book-to-film adaptation you saw this year?
          I actually haven't seen any book-to-film adaptations yet this year. But I will be reading and then seeing Me Before You very soon, and I am very excited for it!
10. What book do you need to read by the end of the year?
          I NEED to read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas by the end of this year. I`ve been putting it off for so long and all of my friends have been trying to force me to read it. Hopefully I`ll get to it by the end of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment