Thursday, April 7, 2016

April 2016 TBR

Last month I barely read anything, so this month it's time to pick up the pace again!! Hopefully I can read all that I want to and be able to stick to my TBR.

Here's what I plan on reading this month!
  1. We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates
I've slowly been reading this for my English class this semester, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. I'm really enjoying it, and I plan on finishing it this weekend and I'll hopefully have a review up next week!
      2.  King Lear by William Shakespeare
I'm also reading this for English class, as I need to write a comparative essay between this and We Were the Mulvaneys. I absolutely love Shakespeare, and I'm also really enjoying this! I plan on finishing this one next week.
      3.  Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
I just bought this last month, and I need to catch up on my classics reading goal for this year. It looks really interesting, and is hopefully a light, quick read for whenever I need to take a break from the large book We Were the Mulvaneys.
      4.  The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
I read this when it first came out, and I've been in love with the story ever since. I absolutely LOVE Maggie Stiefvater's writing style, it's so different and so true-from-the-heart. It's also time to give this beauty (I mean, have you seen these covers?!?!) a reread just in time for the final book in the quartet to come out this month!
      5.  The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
I loved this book almost as much as The Raven Boys when I first read it, and I haven't been able to read it again since. I'm really looking forward to rereading this one as well in preparation of The Raven Kings!
      6.  Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
When this book first came out, I was in a massive reading slump and I haven't been able to force myself to read it, just because I heard that the ending was very sad and a massive cliff hanger, so I've waited until the final one is almost out before I decided to read it. I'm super excited to finally get to it!
      7.  The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
ONE OF MY MOST ANTICIPATED READS OF 2016. ENOUGH SAID.

No comments:

Post a Comment