Sunday, April 10, 2016

Places I Get Books!

Something that I have always been extremely passionate about are books. I've always loved the feel of a book in my hands, and I have therefore never been one for ereaders or apps on my phone. I just can't get away from the paper in my hand, and the joy of being able to have bookshelves upon bookshelves of books to choose from...I'm not the only one, right?!?


(Disclaimer) I have not been paid or asked by any of these places to endorse them, I just love them all and I want more people to buy books. These are just my favourite places to go for me to get books.

One of my favourite places to go to to buy books is definitely Chapters. I live in Canada, and that is the most popular bookstore here. Chapters, Indigo and Coles are all one company, but each store has a different feel to them. Coles is the smaller ones, inside of malls and other places, Indigo is more focused on design and their house decorations and style, and Chapters has more books than both of them. Chapters is very homey, and they always have a massive selection of books. Chapters is a regular book store, so a lot of the books are full price. I always go there for any new releases that I want, and they also have a lot of awesome sales going on that are always awesome to check out. (Their top best selling books are usually 40% off!! Like what??) And their discount/bargain section is always, ALWAYS worth checking out. I usually can find one or two gems in there every single time I go.


I also get a lot of my books from Book Outlet. They're an online website and also a warehouse located in St. Catharines, and their prices are insane! (Check them out here to see what I mean! bookoutlet.ca ) They always have such cheap books, and twice a year they have a massive sale. Over March break they have a box sale, where you go in and they give you a large box, and you fill it with as many books as you can for $30 CA! Which is insane and very dangerous...I easily get $1000 plus every year worth of books. Also on boxing day every year, they have everything in their store at 50% off of their already insanely cheap prices, which is amazing. A lot of their books are not really new, but they have an awesome selection, and they are getting newer and newer books.


The library is also an amazing place for me to get books, especially if I'm not 100% sure if I'll really like it. I go to the library a lot to just look around, do some homework, and to just de-stress. The library is a great place to go to for books if you're on a budget, don't have a lot of room for a lot of books, or just need a place to relax and study!


The last place I go to for books are local bookstores. They usually don't have a lot of the new releases I want, but some of them have a really good selection and it's always very important to check out local stores and support them, otherwise there will be less and less places to go to for books in the future.


I hope this helped some of you guys in any way!

No comments:

Post a Comment