Sunday, April 3, 2016

March 2016 Wrap Up

March wasn't the best month for reading wise or just life wise, because I was so insanely busy the whole month. I didn't get to read as much as I had hoped for, but I was still able to read three pretty good books.


I read:
  • ★★★★★      Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu
  • ★★★☆☆.5   The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
  • ★★★★☆      The Dark Days Club by Allison Goodman
The first book I read this month was Champion by Marie Lu, the final book in the Legend trilogy. I absolutely loved Champion, and the entire trilogy. The characters were amazing, the plot was intriguing, and I loved every second of reading it. The ending was really painful though, and it was really saddening to read, but it also was wonderful because it leaves the story in a way that you, the reader, are able to interpret it and create the ending how you want it to be. I highly recommend this entire trilogy!

The next book I read was The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I found the beginning to be a little slow and difficult to get into, and the book was so short so there was a lot of information very early on in the story. Once I got into it though, I began to enjoy it. The stories and the people are all very touching, but they were all very saddening. I was hoping for more of a lighthearted story, but it was heavier than I had anticipated. I enjoyed the book, but I feel that if I had known going into it that it was more sad then lighthearted, I would have enjoyed it a lot more than I did. Overall, it was a good, very well written book.

The last book I read this month was The Dark Days Club by Allison Goodman. I loved her books Eon and Eona, and I was really hoping that I would love this one too, and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the setting and the life that she portrayed in this book. The era was amazing to read about, and I loved how she made it just relatable enough, but still kept it in the 1800s so well. Allison Goodman describes everything in her books so well and so beautifully, that you feel like you are right there in the story. Her characters were amazing, and I loved every second of reading it. I highly, highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment