Sunday, April 24, 2016

My Intimidating TBR Pile

I've been seeing this tag around the Booktube community and on many book blogs, so I thought I'd do it as well! This tag was created by Lindsey Rey on YouTube. I usually never do tags, but this one is interesting and since I got 18 new books this month...probably very good to look at and do right now.
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1)1.  What book have you been unable to finish?

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I've lost count of the amount of times that I've tried to read it and then stopped. I've heard great things about it, which is why I keep trying, but I'm not sure if I will ever be able to actually sit down and read it. I don't like to force myself to read books that I don't fully enjoy.
2.  What book have you yet to read because...you just haven't had the time?


The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I want to be able to sit down and slowly work my way through it and enjoy it, but spare time is something that just doesn't exist in my life.
3.  What book have you yet to read because...it's a sequel?


Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke. I read Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea very early on last year and I just haven't felt in the mood to re-read it, hence not reading the sequel.
4.  What book have you yet to read because...it's brand new?


Uglies (Uglies, #1)Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. I literally just bought this book yesterday, and I'm trying to finish a bunch of other series before I read this, but all I want to do is read this book!
5.  What book have you yet to read because...you read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it?

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I read his Midnighters trilogy a few years ago, and I really was not a big fan of it. I know that you can't judge an author's writing by one trilogy...but I'm still hesitant of reading Uglies.
6.  What book have you yet to read because...you're just not in the mood for it?


Blood Red Road by Moira Young. I haven't been reading many dystopian type books for quite awhile, and when I do read them, I am very picky about what I like. Of course, the whole trilogy was on super sale...so I bought them all. So I HAVE to read them. I'm just waiting for a good mood so that I can power through them.
7.  What book have you yet to read because...it's humongous?

Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. I really, really wanted to be able to read it before I go to New York City next month to see it on Broadway, but I realized that it just isn't going to happen. It's over 1000 pages, and that is just a scary book to sit down and start.
Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)8.  What book have you yet to read because...it was a cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. I saw it on super sale last year, and I LOVED the cover so I picked it up, fully intending to read it right away. I then forgot about it. For a long time. The reviews on it aren't super bad, but they are lower than the books I usually enjoy, so I'm hesitant about reading it now.
9.  What is the most intimidating book on your TBR pile?

Under the Dome by Stephen King. It's one of the biggest and heaviest books that I own, and the concept doesn't seem as great to me now compared to when I first bought it. The plot as well as the size are just a little horrifying to me, and I don't get scared by books. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment