Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday (10): Top Books to Read in 2018

Hello everyone!
So this year is going to be good, I'm hoping. Good for me for university, for work, and most importantly, for reading! I figured I'd get back into the Top Ten Tuesdays that I haven't really posted since, well, 2015...but here's to second chances, right?
Anyways, the top ten books that I want to read in 2018! This list includes adult books, teen books, and a bunch of other books as well, but none of them are new releases for 2018. Here's hoping I can get to all of them by the end of the year. I seem to have a hard time reading everything on my top ten lists..

Image result for voyager book cover1. Voyager (Outlander #3) by Diana Gabaldon
       I started the Outlander series about 2 years ago, and between working and getting my degree, I've never been able to sit down and read the third book. I'm really hoping to get back into them this year.

2. Lord of Shadows (Lady Midnight #2) by Cassandra Clare
       This one I've owned for awhile now, but I don't want to read it until the third book in the series comes out, because I've heard mixed things about the ending. Hopefully the third one does come out in December, and I can get around to reading this one!

3. Red Rising by Pierce Brown
       With Iron Gold coming out, I've finally decided this year is the year to read this series. I've owned them all for a long time, and now that there's a fourth book, I need to hunker down and finally read them!

4. All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
       I've been, let's say, saving this book since it came out. I'm not sure when we're going to get a new Maggie Stiefvater book, so in lieu of that, I've been saving this one. However, one of my coworkers read it a couple weeks ago, and she said it was really good, so I may just sit and read this one this year. I feel like it will be a great, quick read.

Image result for the young elites cover5. The Young Elites by Marie Lu
       It's been a couple years now since I've read the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu, and I'm really missing her writing style. I don't want to reread Legend just yet, so I feel like this trilogy will be another great one to read.

6. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
       I've been meaning to read this series for, well.....years. And years. Hopefully 2018 will be the time.

7. The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3) by Brandon Sanderson
       It's now been almost 2 years since I've read the first two books in the Mistborn trilogy. I really, really want to read this one, but it's been crazy busy for me lately. This year, I'm going to finish it, no questions asked. I'm excited to see how it ends!

8. Artemis by Andy Weir
       This was one of my most anticipated reads of 2017, so I'm frustrated that I haven't read it yet. This one is definetely on the top of my pile, because I absolutely love The Martian, and Andy Weir's writing style.

Image result for the alice network9. The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
       This one has really been circulating around booktube and my work lately, and I know a lot of people who have absolutely loved it. It seems to be a quick, enjoyable read, so I'm hoping I can get to it soon!

10. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
       This one was on my TBR for 2017, but it wasn't anywhere near the top, so I never got around to it. Now that it's been out for awhile, I've heard nothing but amazing reviews of it, so I'm definetely going to be reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment