Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (4): Authors I Need More From

Hey all! This week I was looking through the books on my bookshelf, and I realized that I have a lot of single books and single series by one author, but no more from that same author, even though I loved them! So, this week is going to be the top ten authors I NEED to read more from!


Only one book


     1. Ernest Cline
             I read Armada over the summer, and it was one of the best books I've read this year. I've had Ready Player One on my TBR list for well...a long time. And I ended up reading Armada first, and it only made me want to read it even more. I feel like I'm just saving it because I don't think he has any other books out, and I really really love his writing.


     2. Andy Weir
             I also read The Martian over the summer, in anticipation of the movie coming out in October (where I live, anyways) and I really enjoyed it. I powered through the book in less than 24 hours, actually. On Goodreads I saw a lot of new books under his profile, but none of them have been guaranteed yet, so hopefully soon I can have another of his books in my hands!

     3. V. E. Schwab
            Vicious was absolutely AMAZING. I loved every single page of it, and read it in one sitting. I've been meaning to get A Darker Shade of Magic since it came out, but being a teenager and wanting a book that is $20+...yeah. Hopefully I will get it soon!

     4. Lucy Christopher
            Stolen was my favourite book about three or four years ago, and I actually used it for English projects, which says a lot when you have to look at every aspect of a book for hours a day, and still love it. I've had The Killing Woods on my shelf for a couple months, and I really need to get around to reading it soon! Next month, hopefully.


     5. Holly Black
            I read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown this year, and I really enjoyed it. I'm not as much into the whole vampire thing as I once was, but if I was able to love a vampire book that much, I'm looking forward to reading her other books! I really want to get to The Darkest Part of the Forest by the end of this year.


Only one series

     6. Christopher Paolini
            When I was in elementary school, my favourite series was the Eragon series. I remember getting Eldest for Christmas one year, and going out and buying my first copy of Eragon, where I proceeded to sit down in the middle of the floor in the book store and read the first few chapters. He hasn't released or mentioned any new books since the last one in the series, Inheritance, came out in 2011, but I've had my fingers crossed since then, and will continue to hope he writes some more!

     7. Laini Taylor
            The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy is my favourite trilogy ever, so that shows how much I love Laini Taylor. I believe she has a few middle grade novels out, and some short stories in collections with other authors, but I really hope she will write more about the amazing Karou, or at least some more in Eretz.

     8. Kendare Blake
            In ninth grade, on the first day of school, a girl I had just met at the school newspaper meeting recommended Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake to me, and I loved it. That girl has since become one of my best friends, and that book always fills me with so much joy when I read it. But it doesn't just have good memories to it, it is written so beautifully and is absolutely amazing. I have Antigoddess sitting on my shelf, but I just haven't had the chance to sit down and read it yet. Hopefully soon!

     9. Alison Goodman
            I absolutely loved her Eon duology, so much so that I have read them quite a few times now, and have some parts memorized. The writing style is so unique and just beautifully written. Alison Goodman has a few other books out, and I really want to pick them up so that I can read them and (hopefully) love them!


    10. Maria V. Snyder
            I read Maria V. Snyder's Poison Study trilogy over a couple of days, and it was amazing. I loved the whole idea of the story, and I thought that I had never read anything like it. I know she has  another trilogy out, and maybe a few more books as well, and I hope to get to them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment